I got to know this lovely young lady through my Instagram account and it was a lot of fun finally getting a chance to meet and shoot! She's a very talented runner and it was awesome to learn a little more about her journey with it! Hope you enjoy this little interview I did with her after our shoot.
1. What’s your favourite subject at school?
Annique: I love learning Spanish as it's challenging yet fun.
2. What do you like doing in your free time?
Annique: I like to watch YouTube or play Mario cart.
3. Do you have a nickname?
Annique: A lot of people shorten my name to Niq but my favourite one is a bit silly, it is Ning-Nong
4. What do you like to read?
Ning-Nong: I'm not much of a reader but if I had to choose I would go with the 52 story treehouse.
5. When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
Ning-Nong: I don't really have bad days but if I was to I think I would play with my dog or FaceTime my best friend Lucy!
6. When did you get into running? And what do you love most about it?
Ning-Nong: I started running competitively when I was min but I have done little athletics for ten years this year. I love to run as you meet and make so many new friends. I also love the competitiveness of it but it also puts me in a good mood and is good for my wellbeing. I
7. How often do you train? How do you keep yourself motivated to train?
Ning-Nong: I do a lot of training. I train about 5-6 times a week! To keep motivated I think about the bigger picture like my goal is to one day go to the commonwealth games.
8. What's your biggest achievement so far in running?
My biggest achievement so far in running would be when I was made junior captain for national cross country in 2016.
9. What advice do you have for other kids interested in running?
Ning-Nong: Give it a go! But remember to stay motivated and don't give up!
10. Do you have a role model?
Ning-Nong: I really look up to Riley Day even though she's not a long distance runner she is so dedicated and willing to put the effort into running. She is also quite young and one day I hope to be like her running in the commonwealth games.
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Ning-Nong: I'd love to be a sports scientist that's out on the track making changes to people's technique to make them faster!
12. And lastly, what’s your favourite song at this very moment?
Ning-Nong: Temper Temper by Lime Cordial
Thanks so much Ning-Nong for giving us a little insight into your life! Can't wait to see all the great things you'll achieve in the future!
View Annique's full gallery here: Annique, April 2018